Sunday, January 31, 2010

DRAFT THOUGHTS FOR MSETP/MDE

I really enjoyed being a part of the 2010 STATE OF MICHIGAN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY PLAN December 2009 TEACHING FOR LEARNING IN A DIGITAL AGE team. The quote by Mark C. Taylor, Ph.D., really inspired me deeply as it read, "Do not do what I do; rather, take whatever I have to offer and do with it what I could never imagine doing and then come back and tell me about it.”;. My understanding of his quote is, --receive the knowledge that I have bestowed in you, learn and grow from it as you sore to heights unknown and dare to go where I can not imagine and then--enlighten me.

As far as the introduction, it clearly stated the “purpose” of the Educational Technology plan. Which is to prepare all Michigan students to become productive citizens in a global society followed by a brief history of how the plan was adopted in 2006, revisited, changed and updated for the digital age? I love the fact that all the important players came together as one for the common good of the students.

I feel that Michigan’s Educational plan gave adequate support and explanation of the goals and objectives which are economical and effective measures for all that are or will be affected.
The draft indicated each level of Goals, Strategies, Action Steps, and performances to be taken in any given situation. As I read, I found that all statements directly relate to the general purpose of the program. They were concise and easily understood. I think that those involved will always know what is expected of them and how those expectations relate to the subject matter.
GREAT TEAM WORK!!!

I also thought that maybe we could utilize the KWHL software to add color, charts, or tables. See below:

No comments: