Thursday, June 16, 2011

Collaboration: Google Doc and Amazon Book Reviews


This has been an exciting project and I’ve learned a lot on this book review journey. It is the first time I’ve ever created a book review. To tell you the truth, I’ve never even thought about writing and submitting a book review until this project. Normally, when I order books from any web site, it is because it is mandatory or recommended by someone who has already read the book that I know personally. I can certainly tell you that it was not an easy matter trying to submit a review to Amazon without an account or having purchased an item from them. I’ve ordered from other companies but never Amazon. You live and learn.

Collaborating on Google Docs

Camille, Julie, Sharon and I have had great experiences working and coming together as a whole for the common good of our projects and Google Docs was no different. Google Doc allowed us to collaborate on the document together. We were able to make decisions on who would do what when it came to choosing chapters and coordinating the posting of our information in the requested order. We actually had to read and review two book which were Blogs, Wikis, Podcast and other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms by Will Richardson and Rethinking Education In The Age Of Technology: The Digital Revolution and Schooling in America by Allen Collins and Richard Halverson. Both books gave great insight information on education in technology from the beginning, where we stand now and where we can be in the future. Examples and web site were given to substantiate information, quotes and findings. I really enjoyed reading the both of them and I think it is a great educational piece for any classroom.

Posting to Amazon

When it came to posting to Amazon, I encountered a problem. The problem was that if you’ve never purchased any materials from Amazon you are not allowed to post a review. That’s was not good, but all ended well after sharing my concerns with my group. Thanks Sharon, great suggestion, I was able to post to my blog space with no problem after speaking to Mr. Umpstead. Three Thumbs Up to my Group!

Google Docs Review

Amazon Review: I had to post mine here on my Blog page.

Thanks

No comments: