Sunday, May 15, 2011

Guest Speaker: Julia Fallon

I loved and enjoyed Julia Fallon as our Guest Speaker. The enthusiasm she carried in her voice demanded your attention and really made you sit up and listen and care about what she had to say. I learned things about Twitter that I did not know. One is being the difference between Public and Private (Protected) accounts when it comes to your tweets being viewed. Public accounts allows anyone to view your tweets and Protected accounts allows you to manually choose who views your tweets and even though your choice may be Protected, with perseverance, people can always gain access to your information.

I found Julia’s information to be very useful because I will be teaching a class called “Online and Connected” on May 16th in which the students will learn how to take an online class as well as create a Facebook account and learn the basics of it use. She brought up another useful tip that I and my students can benefit from and that is, keeping your thoughts to a minimum, getting to the point of what you want to share and you may be surprised of the responses you receive and from whom. It is exciting to me having visitors enter into our class environment sharing their experience and knowledge. I ready to see what our next Guest Speaker has to offer.

No comments: