Monday, May 9, 2011

Prezi Presentation

I enjoyed working with and exploring Prezi. I found that it was very easy to use; however after creating my account, inserting all of my text, pictures and background color, I lost most of it because I forgot to save it. So, I’ve created another Prezi only to find that I now have two, one without all of the information in it. Oh well, you live and learn.

Prezi is a pretty cool tool in which I challenged myself to see how much I could accomplish on my own before going through the tutorial. I found it to be simple and somewhat easy. I know that if I found it somewhat easy, I can only imagine what K-12 can do with it. I do plan to use it at the beginning of each new class to introduce myself to the class. I think Prezi will W O W them, it did me. Prezi reminds me somewhat of PowerPoint. My next challenge is to see if I can transfer my PowerPoint presentation into Prezi. I have a presentation to deliver Wednesday of this week and I am hoping to utilize this tool without the use of PowerPoint but I plan to have PowerPoint as a backup if necessary. Wish me luck!



2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Josie, Hope your power point/prezi presentation went well. Let us know. I liked your prezi introduction. The inclusion of the Kinston Indians was a nice surprise. You're doing the right thing by incorporating prezi into your work and start using the new technology immediately.

Anonymous said...

I like your presentation! I wish I had thought about mapping my city that was really cute! This class is definitely challenging and I am definitely looking forward to learning it all just like you!